I run several courses and soft skills workshops that will help you strengthen some of those vital skills you need to survive – and thrive – in the business world.
This half day course looks at what causes those workplace stresses. I’ll discuss the impact workplace stress has on you and your team’s productivity. And what’s more stressful than low productivity, right?
I’ll offer you practical advice that will help you tackle the causes of stress at work, and give you insights on how to manage the often conflicting needs of colleagues and employees more effectively.
During the course we’ll:
- Assess your personal stress levels and identify the common causes of stress in the workplace
- Identify the causes and effects of stress on your actions
- Recognise the symptoms of stress in yourself and colleagues
- Learn how you can deal with pressure and stress effectively at work
- Adapt to changes in your working routine or environment
- Make changes in your behaviour to resolve conflict of needs in others
We’ll spend half a day developing your time management skills, and you’ll make up that time in increased productivity over the coming weeks, months and years. I’ll show you stress free ways of organising your time using straightforward tools and techniques.
In particular, we’ll look at:
- Why time management issues arise
- Improving your ability to plan and prioritise work
- The importance of setting clear goals
- Minimising wasted time and distractions in the workplace
- How to avoid getting deflected from your priorities
- Self-motivation as a time management tool
- Dealing with unexpected events that steal time
- Tools and techniques for effective delegation
- How to say no to some ‘now’ requests
- Matching personalities to job roles
This one day course will give you the skills and structure to perform a professional and detailed competency based interview process. I’ll also teach you how to understand an interviewee’s behaviour, allowing the process to be more open and engaging. You’ll become capable of really getting a confident overview of the person you’re interviewing.
We’ll look at:
- How to structure the interview from start to finish
- Interview planning and prep
- Conducting effective pre-screening telephone interviews
- Getting people to open up
- Putting people at ease
- Creating the right interview environment
- The skills of competency questioning
- The importance of active listening
- Understanding behavioural techniques
- Using the STAR technique
- Determining an interviewee’s attitude, skills and knowledge
- Selling yourself, your company and the job
- How to leave the interviewee wanting the position
- Actively listening and learning before acting
Want to say ‘no’ firmly to unreasonable demands? Want to make your requests more assertive? In this half-day course, we’ll show you how to develop and reinforce your assertiveness, self-esteem and confidence in ways that benefit your working and personal life.
This course will show you how to:
- Understand the various behaviour types and the effects they have
- Recognise bad behaviour types and know how to deal with them
- Learn how assertive behaviour will benefit you
- Identify your own communication style
- Identify and resolve your preconceptions and negative thoughts, and change them to positive ones
- Recognise how poor / correct body language signals impact on communication
- Use a simple three step process to direct your assertive communication
- Use assertiveness techniques like reflecting, fogging and the broken record
- Make and refuse requests in an assertive manner
This one day course will show you how to plan and structure a presentation that really makes an impressive impact. We’ll also boost your confidence by giving you the skills to overcome those nerves and difficult audiences. You’ll also deliver a short presentation during the course to get feedback and practice for the real thing.
After this course you’ll be able to confidently:
- Understand how to structure a presentation around topic and audience
- Get the desired outcome from your presentation
- See things from your audience’s perspective
- Learn how to avoid distractions and stay on track
- Find positive things that can help create the impact you want
- Change fear into enjoyment by analysing what’s going on when you get nervous
- Understand how to use non-verbal communication
- Know how to best use your voice
This one day course will show you how to deliver first-class customer service to your customers. I’ll show you how to keep the customer at the heart of everything you do, and give your customers memorable experiences that make them talk about you for all the right reasons.
In this course we’ll:
- Define what exceptional customer service looks, sounds and feels like and why it’s so important
- Show you how to meet and exceed internal and external customer needs
- Learn how to turn negative language into positive language
- Look at the value in active listening and learning not to make assumptions.
- Discover how to build rapport over the telephone and face to face.
- Tell you how to create the ‘wow’ factor
- Recognise how effective communication and service impact the customer experience
- Find ways to turn complaints into compliments
- Develop your telephone techniques with some dos and don’ts
- Improve your customer service processes and interactions with customers
- Share best practice and create a personalised action plan for you to take away.
This half day course will show you how to influence people to get what you want, be it commitment or collaboration. You’ll learn techniques on how to adjust your approach to gain buy-in. You’ll also develop techniques for effectively dealing with challenging behaviours and overcoming resistance, and getting results that benefit both you and those you’re influencing.
On this great course I’ll show you how to:
- Apply the Basic Influence Formula
- Deal effectively with resistance
- Assess your political know-how
- Use win-win approaches to persuade others and dovetail outcomes
- Build trusting relationships and rapport
- Listen for multiple points of view
This one day course will take you through the major elements of successful selling. I’ll give you understanding of the sales process, the structure of how to sell effectively and the importance of building relationships for long term success.
On this course you’ll:
- Discover what holds salespeople back from success and opportunity
- Discover how to understand a customer’s wants and needs
- Look at the key attributes that define the successful professional
- Learn how to actively listen and use open questions
- Look at how Influence or decision are the heart of every sale
- Identify the right people and deal with them professionally for long term profitable relationships
Want to know what the “art of networking” is? This one day course will help you develop and understand your own style of communicating with people, and how you can make it work best at any type of gathering.
My one day course will:
- Demystify networking
- Make you a more effective networker
- Give you insights into the dynamics of networking
- Make you more at ease and assured when you network in the future
- Strengthen your influencing skills
- Help you talk more easily with new people
- Give you more confidence with experts and authorities
- Show you how to really sell yourself
- Give you key tips to promote your company
Get in Touch
These are just some of the courses I can deliver. I can also design a course around your needs.Contact Me